Friday, February 4, 2011

Back again.....



Hi everyone....
Well, here is my latest ring for the RAW project on Flickr! This time I used the bottom half of one of my epoxy cones and carved out a large cone shaped opening into it. I was going to set a large rivoli stone into it but I changed my mind and decided I liked being able to see the inside of the cone. So, I changed my design a bit. I gilded the inside with some 24kt gold sheet and lightly burnished it down. I was going to only use the cone bottom but it looked lonely on the band so I added some metal clay discs of mine that have just been sitting around. I domed one up and one down and I wasn't crazy about the way they looked together...I thought they needed a little somethin' somethin'! So, I slid a epoxy disc in between them. That did the trick! Playing around can have unexpected results!
Everything is held together with one BIG rivet...although, there is a little bit of chemical bonding with the pearl....but that doesn't bother me as it gets the job done!! I also really liked beating the heck out of a gold band that was a size 5, up to a size 9! I didn't think it would be so easy! And fun!! I am really enjoying these little projects...these epoxy experiments are really interesting! I made some in the last couple of days ago that did some really interesting things that I wasn't expecting!! You will see them as rings in the future! Hope you like this ring...stay warm in your studios and have fun!! Kelly Russell www.Beadfuddled.blogspot.com....just in case you want to see more of my work....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...