Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Latest ring for RAW...



Hi everyone....
Thought I would show you my latest for RAW. No metal clay this week though....the ring I was working on had copper metal clay as part of the design but it broke in half as I was fitting it in place...so I set it aside to work on later. I really didn't want to chuck it across the room!
For this ring I used sheet sterling, epoxy and polymer clay. I am having so much fun with these rings! I really like the idea of being able to try out some things that I wanted to do for a while. I did find out that I need to practice using my saw a bit more. Maybe the next one will have metal clay sides. I do like doing these stackable type rings....anyway, I hope you like it....what are you making in your studios?? Have fun, Kelly

3 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous ring, Kelly! A wonderful combination of materials and a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Kelly! All aspects -- shape, color, texture, text. Can't wait to see the stubborn copper clay ring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the stubborn copper ring either!!! Since I like broken bits and painting myself into a corner..it should prove to be interesting....Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...