Saturday, January 29, 2011

A must have book !!!


I'd Rather Be in the Studio!

I have been enjoying making my art since 2006, but there was something missing in my development as an artist. Most of my artists friends talked about this, and I finally got the courage to take a workshop about "The business of Art." 


Learning how to market myself and my art has been a confusing and scary journey, but I learned to enjoy doing it as much as I love making my art.


I am always looking to find more information about marketing and self-promotion. I am so happy to share with you this wonderful book, I'd Rather Be in the Studio!" by Alyson B. Stanfield. Alyson is a great communicator and coach in self-promotion, her book is filled with great tips and guidance.


If you are growing as an artist and your work is being accepted better and better, this is a great book you must have to learn how to self-promote your work.


These are some of her ideas in the book that I really like:


"No one is going to magically appear in your studio, wave a shimmering wand, and give you the success you want in your art career. You have to get out of the studio and make it happen." ~Alyson Stanfield


"In order to have a successful career, you should be able to define yourself and your art in a sea of artist. To do this, you must first find your style." 
~ Alyson Stanfield


Keep playing-Keep creating !!!

Love,

7 comments:

  1. Lorena, thanks so much for posting this excellent recommendation. The business side of being a jewelry artist can be difficult and scary, and it sounds as though this book would be extremely helpful to many of us!

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret,this book it is a great tool to have. I have enjoyed reading it and I have learn much more to keep growing as an artist. Alyson's blog is a great place to visit too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Jackie !!
    You will like it, I am sure. The book has incredible information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lorena. It's not as easy to get in the UK but I'll have a go

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wondered about this book - great to see such a glowing review. I will have to order. Thanks! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure you will find it very helpful !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...